The challenge was to write one last blog.
You have the chance to write one last post on your blog before you stop blogging forever. Write it.
On reading the other entries I realized that almost everyone has interpreted this as their last words. And to be fair that makes most sense. I have on the other hand written a sort of ode to WordPress. What can I say in my defense? Maybe at 35+ I still consider myself invincible. It seems like I have a lot to learn and grow up to
Goodbye WordPress (WP)!
I came to thee in pain and agony. Having recently lost my most trusted sounding bench to misunderstanding and rife. Bursting with unexpressed sorrow. Feeling cheated and undermined . Your pages healed me.
The writing providing a vent. Gave me the safe space to express myself.
I found new friends, to share my insignificant life with. The comments on my posts replaced the now empty folders of my cellphone and became the reason to wake up each day.
You brought me new role models. People to look up to. Survivors who’ve gone through more than I can even imagine. That helped me put my pain in a perspective.
You allowed me to meet authors and poets and creative writers of immense talent. They inspired me . Gave me new dreams.
Riding the WP reader I visited many countries without moving an inch. Gathered experiences from around the world.
Sitting on your shoulders I watched mothers with better parenting skills as they raised their children. Spouses with better communication strategies bind their relationships more firmly. Busy women with great time management tricks get impossible amounts of work achieved daily. I watched and learned, becoming in turn a better parent, wife and worker.
At WP I was awestruck. Awestruck by the clarity of thinking and broadness of views of the younger generation of my country. Here I met the future of my country and the world. And if what they say here is anything to go by, my children will surely enjoy a world that’s safer, more inclusive and better in every way.
Besides all this WP, you entertained me. Short stories, anecdotes, humorous posts, cartoons, doodles, movie reviews, craft, cooking, news, publishing latest books, political views…… In the last one year I’ve been here. I’ve never been bored. having WP in my life has been like having a gaggle of lively friends. In whose life something interesting is always “happening!”
WP you gave me a safe shoulder to rant on, helped me fine tune my writing skills, made me a part of a this large creative community, brought me new friends, and most of all you humbled me! by showing me all the talent in this world.
But all good things come to an end they say. And what “they” say is usually true! Its with a heavy heart thus that I bid you adieu! And I sincerely thank God for the day, I met you !
Check out these wonderful entries on today’s prompt
- Daily Prompt: Last Words « perjalanan menuju entahlah
- The Last Words « The Chatter Blog
- One Last Post….Or Not | Neurotic Pixel
- Daily Prompt~Last Words « The Cheeky Diva
- I’VE MEET SOMEONE « hastywords
- Unspoken Apologies | Going the Distance
- Last Words | Bullets & Dreams
- Daily Prompt: Last Words (of Advice) – waldina
- Dear Dead Child, Stop Haunting Me. I’m Squeamish Already. | All Those Small Things
- Daily Prompt: Last Words | thematticuskingdom
- Want To Feel Good About Your Life? « Spirit Lights The Way
- Tongue Held Adventure « Sisters of Christ
- Famous Last Words | Shadoza: In My World
- Goodnight, Goodnight | A Little More Documentation
- Last Words | The life of one hot mess in a wolf pack circle
- The Awkward End Scene « Fish Of Gold
- So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu | Seriously Seeking Grannies
- My Last Words | Happy Clam
- The show has been cancelled… but the adventure is just beginning. | rarasaur
- Daily Prompt: Last Words « Something Unspoken
- For a group of silent bits and bytes